"Saddle up!" is the order of the day.
The two patient Haflinger horses walk on. High above Annaberg on the horse-drawn sleigh, from the car park through the small copse and on towards the idyllic Christmas market.
The fire baskets crackle soothingly and mark the way. Visitors to the Winterstellgut are welcomed by traditional sounds and a smell that stirs childhood memories: fir tree branches, cookies, roast chestnuts and incense all combined in the familiar smell of Christmas. When night falls, Nikolaus and his Krampus appear – can anyone really say how well behaved they've been all year? A sip of punch to warm you through, the sound of singers to warm the heart. It's a congenial get-together, where people can enjoy the Christmas spirit. A time to browse, to taste and sample – a mixture of traditional arts and crafts and modern decorations on the stands, with delicious food from farmhouse kitchens for good measure. Handicrafts and baking: wide-eyed and rosy-cheeked children make small presents, while others are busy kneading dough in the bakery below. Time for a break – leave the mayhem and drudgery in the valley below.
Sunday, the 1st and 15th of december 2019
14 - 19 o clock
- Idyllic carriage ride to the Christmas market – free of charge to all visitors
- After group bread-making in the wine cellar – at 2.30pm – each child may take their own bread home with them
- "Open house" at the distillery with Helmut Müller
- Visit from Nikolaus and Krampus
- Life-size nativity scene with hay
- Scouts Advent programme for kids and petting zoo
- Krampus mask exhibition with demonstration in the art of mask making, by Lukas Bergschober
- Christmas post: mail Christmas greetings anywhere in the world using our stylish, free greetings cards
- Advent raffle for a good cause: attractive prizes to be won